Amount: up to £3,600
Scope: Full Scholarship
Target Country: United Kingdom
Target Audience: Travel, Tourism or Events students at GCU
Deadline: 30th April 2023
Are you a travel, tourism, or events student at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)? Do you need financial assistance to support your studies? Then you may be interested in the Moffat Scholarship, a need-based scholarship that provides up to £3,600 to exceptional GCU students.
Established in 1998 by the Moffat Charitable Trust, the Moffat Scholarship has supported over 300 GCU students pursuing careers in the travel, tourism, or events industries. This GCU Scholarship is awarded based on a combination of academic excellence, demonstrated passion for the tourism industry, and financial need.
Moffat Scholarship Benefits
- Up to £3,600 are available to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
- Opportunity to gain valuable work experience and enhance their CV working within The Moffat Centre
- The scholarship is also open to PhD students.
- Open to students of all nationalities, with a preference for Scottish students
Who is Eligible for the Moffat Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the requirements of the following criteria:
- Must be assessed as UK/UE/International candidates only.
- Must have an undergraduate degree for the postgraduate degree.
- BA (Hons) International Tourism and Events Management
- MSc International Tourism and Events Management
- They must have a high school certificate for an undergraduate degree.
- They must hold an offer to study at GCU or be a current Travel, Tourism, or Events student at GCU
- Applications will be considered from students of all nationalities, with some preference for Scottish students.
- The award is non-transferable to any other programme if you change your course to the one specified at the time of application.
- A thank you letter is submitted, to be given to the donor Moffat Charitable Trust.
- A report, based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you, is required near the end of every year of study.
- Approval for any use of photographs and quotes to be used in printed media and on University websites
- Attendance at any scholarship-related events hosted by GCU or the Moffat Centre is required.
How to Apply
To apply for the bursary, aspirants must;
- Enroll themselves in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university.
- Register for the award through the online portal.
- Fill out the Academic, Economic, and Financial requirements.
- Add your program of study, current year of study, and nationality.
To apply, refer to the online portal.
Apply for the Moffat Scholarship before the 30th of April 2023, and take advantage of the financial assistance and work experience opportunities it offers.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Originally posted 2023-04-14 20:18:24.