Scope: Partial scholarship
Target Country: United States
Target Audience: International graduates
Deadline: March 1, 2023
If you’re an international graduate seeking further education in the United States, the Colonial Dames of America Scholarship is an excellent opportunity to consider. Through the International Student and Scholars Services (ISSS) at the University of Minnesota, this scholarship is designed to assist students who want to pursue quality education and make a positive impact in their home country.
Here is everything you need to know about the scholarship, including eligibility requirements and how to apply.
What is the Colonial Dames of America Scholarship?
The National Society of Colonial Dames of America (NSCDA), a national service organization established in 1891, sponsors the Colonial Dames of America Scholarship. The scholarship was created to provide financial aid to degree-seeking international students enrolled at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities who encounter financial challenges due to unforeseen circumstances towards the end of their degree.
Each year, the Colonial Dames of America Education and Scholarship Committee awards several institutions, including the University of Minnesota, for student fellowships, history education initiatives, archaeological studies, and historic preservation projects. The Colonial Dames of America Scholarship provides awards worth $7,000 to select students for the academic year, named the Colonial Dames of America – Minnesota Scholars.
The Colonial Dames of America scholarship awards $7,000 to students chosen for the academic year, who are named as the Colonial Dames of America – Minnesota Scholars.
Eligibility requirements for the Colonial Dames of America Scholarship
To be eligible for the Colonial Dames of America Scholarship, international graduate students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current graduate or professional degree-seeking F-1 and J-1 student
- Have the intention to return to their home country after graduation
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate or professional student in both the Fall and Spring semesters of the current academic year
- In legal F-1 or J-1 student status and have held this status for at least one year while attending the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Demonstrate financial need Making satisfactory academic progress
- In the final stages of their degree program Not have received Academic Financial Support for another previous degree and/or major.
- Received funding for less than two years for undergraduates, less than one year for master’s programs, or less than two years for Doctoral programs.
- Applicants who are employed and submit a Verification of Employment form have a greater chance of success
- Must be a reasonable and frugal spender
Colonial Dames of America Scholarship Application
The Colonial Dames of America Scholarship application opens on December 1, 2022, and the Deadline Date (CST Time Zone) is March 1, 2023, by 12:00 AM.
For more information, contact ISSS Fund at [email protected]
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Originally posted 2023-05-24 05:04:52.