Deadline: November 1, 2023
The Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship is one of the merit-based scholarships offered by the Ohio State University.
Our previous article covered 5 scholarships offered by the Ohio State University namely the Eminence Fellows Program and Scholarship, the Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP), The Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship, the Maximus, Provost or Trustees Scholarship, and the National Buckeye Scholarship.
In this article, we take a deep dive into the Maximus, Provost and Trustees Scholarship.
We will highlight every detail you need to know about this scholarship, including its objective, target audience, benefits, eligibility criteria, and how to apply successfully.
What is the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship?
The Maximus, Provost, and Trustees scholarships are excellent opportunities for incoming freshmen to receive financial aid and recognition for their academic achievements.
Some cool facts about the Maximus, Provost, and Trustees scholarships:
- It is a merit-based scholarship opportunity for Ohio and non-Ohio residents entering the University fall semester.
- It is a partial scholarship covering some of the student’s educational expenditure and is renewable for four years on the condition that you maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.2.
- This scholarship considers students who demonstrate a high level of competitiveness based on grade point average, class rank, rigor of high school curriculum, and ACT and SAT scores (if available).
- The Maximus, Provost, and Trustees scholarships is open to Ohio residents and non-residents, however, other merit-based scholarships like this one are not available to international freshmen.
When does the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship come out?
The Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship application is open from August 1 for autumn and spring term applicants. It automatically considers all who apply to the university by the early action deadline of November 1.
How much is the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship?
The Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship awards a minimum of $1,000 to $3,000 renewable for four years, bringing the value to $4,000 to $12,000.
Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship requirements
To be eligible for the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship, you must make sure to reach the following criteria:
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must be highly competitive and show an outstanding academic record as there are other qualified students vying for the award. The scholarship considers your grade point average, class rank (if available), the rigor of the high school curriculum, and ACT or SAT scores (if available)
- You must enroll full-time at the Columbia campus of the Ohio State University to pursue your first undergraduate degree. Attending another institution might cause a student to lose this scholarship.
- Must possess an excellent command of the English Language.
- You must maintain a minimum GPA requirement of 3.2. Note that your scholarship will automatically renew for up to eight semesters if you can keep your minimum GPA requirement or higher.
How to apply for Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship?
For most merit awards like the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship for fall semester freshmen, the Ohio State University automatically considers all completed admission applications received by the early action deadline of November 1; no need for a separate application.
So, get to work, and concentrate on getting your admission application accepted before the early action deadline. You might just get an admission decision no later than the end of January.
To apply for admission into the Ohio State University and be eligible for the Maximus, Provost, Trustees scholarship. You will require the following:
- A High school transcript
- A Letter of recommendation
- Cover letters
- Personal statement
- You need to file for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Ohio State’s priority date of February 1 as this will provide you with maximum aid consideration.
Click here to apply for admission into Ohio State University for consideration for the Maximus, Provost and Trustees scholarship.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Deadline is November 1, 2023
Originally posted 2023-04-03 23:15:41.