The Eminence Fellows Program is one of the merit-based scholarships offered by the Ohio State University. Established in 1870, Ohio State University is a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio. As a prominent place of learning, it offers scholarships for exceptional students who need support to further their education.
Our previous article expounded on 5 scholarships offered by the Ohio State University namely the Eminence Fellows Program and Scholarship, the Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP), The Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship, the Maximus, Provost or Trustees Scholarship, and the National Buckeye Scholarship
However, this article will highlight the Eminence Fellows Program and Scholarships. If you need adequate information in order to help you clinch this scholarship, you are in the right place!
We will highlight every detail you need to know about this scholarship, including its objective, target audience, benefits, eligibility criteria, and how to apply successfully.
What is the Eminence Fellow Program?
The Eminence Fellow Program is one of Ohio State University’s premier awards coordinated by Ohio State University’s Honors Program. It is the most lucrative and prestigious award at the University with all its perks and benefits. Every year, the Eminence Fellows Program scholarship gives awards to about 25 outstanding students who demonstrate academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, high regard for humanity, and significant involvement both on and off campus.
According to the Ohio State University Eminence Fellow Program page, the mission of the Eminence Fellows Program is to ensure that each Fellow maximizes their personal, professional, and civic growth through an inclusive and supportive program that prepares them for their next steps as changemakers. The vision of the Eminence Fellows Program is to cultivate leaders to effect positive change within their professions and communities locally, nationally, and globally. Alumni will make a difference in their respective fields by employing innovative strategies that lead to transformational change.
Benefits of the Eminence Fellow Program and Scholarship
The Eminence Fellow Program offers the following benefits:
- Award covering the total cost of attendance at Ohio State (tuition and fees, room and board, textbooks, and every other educational/personal expenditure) for eight semesters of full-time enrollment
- Enrichment grant valued at up to $3,000 accessible after the first year of successful study.
- Cutting-edge research opportunities
- A Network and good fellowship within the Eminence Faculty Network
- Professional development training
Eminence Fellow Program and Scholarship requirements
To be eligible for the Eminence Fellow Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Apply to the Ohio State University Honors Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership, service, and character
- Be highly competitive and show an outstanding academic record as there are other qualified students vying for the award. The scholarship will consider your grade point average, class rank (must be in the top 10% of your high school class), the rigor of the high school curriculum, and ACT or SAT scores (if available)
Note that Fellows are selected based on outstanding academic excellence, and we encourage all majors to apply.
To remain in good standing as an Eminence Fellow, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.4/3.5 depending on the program of study
- Gain admission to the University Honors Program and maintain Honors status every semester.
- Contribute to your class service project and embrace the collaborative spirit of “giving back.”
- Complete an honors thesis or other capstone requirement for graduation with Honors Research Distinction.
- Contribute to and be involved with Eminence program initiatives through regular attendance and/or participation in Eminence leadership opportunities.
Eminence Scholarship application
Components of the Eminence application
- Written expression through essay (The essay prompt has been the same for a couple of years: You have just made the front page of the New York Times for doing something that no one else ever thought or been able to do before. What did you do and Why did you do it?)
- Video introduction about your essay through a 2-minute YouTube link.
How to apply for an Eminence Scholarship?
Step 1: Apply to the University by the November 1 early action deadline. When completing the Common Application, you must indicate your interest in the University Honors Program.
Step 2: Within 1-5 days you will receive an email notifying you of Ohio State’s receipt of your admission application and a unique username along with instructions on how to activate the username and set a password
Step 3: You can then complete the Eminence application by the Monday, November 14 deadline using your username and password.
Note that you do not need to wait for an OSU admission decision before you apply for the Eminence Program. Also, the Committee selects finalists based on the strength of their Common Application, a separate Eminence essay, and a video introduction.
- After receiving all applications, the committee selects 75 students for the finalist round and notifies them in January
- All finalists are selected for virtual interviews (individually).
- The finalists attend the Finalist Friday event in the beginning of March held in the OSU campus
- Finalists participate in various selection activities, meet distinguished faculty and current Eminence Fellows, and learn about the opportunities available through the OSU and the Eminence Fellows Program.
- Out of the 75 finalists, the scholarship gift awards to about 25 students and notifies them in mid-March.
Scholarship Application Timeline
- Application for admission into the Ohio State University opens by August, 2023.
- You can then apply to the University by the early action deadline of November 1, 2023.
- Apply for the Eminence Program by November 14, 2023
- Virtual interview for selected applicants happens between January and February
- Finalist Friday takes place around the beginning of March
- Final scholarship decision in mid-March
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Deadline is November 1, 2023
Originally posted 2023-03-28 12:37:19.