In our previous article, we expounded on four merit-based scholarship opportunities offered by Ohio State University, namely the Eminence Fellows Program and Scholarship, the Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP), The Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship, and the Maximus, Provost or Trustees Scholarship. You can find more information on these scholarships here.
This publication will shed light on The National Buckeye scholarship, another merit-based scholarship offered by the Ohio State University. It will outline all the details you need to have at your beck and call to clinch this excellent scholarship opportunity.
What is the National Buckeye scholarship?
The National Buckeye scholarship is one of Ohio state university’s scholarships for incoming freshmen entering the University’s fall semester. It is a partial scholarship, covering some of the student’s academic expenses.
This scholarship is highly competitive as students must show outstanding academic achievement to receive an award. Despite its strict requirements, one advantage of getting the National Buckeye scholarship is that you can combine it with another merit-based scholarship that Ohio State University offers known as the Maximus, Provost or Trustees Scholarship.
All Non-Ohio residents are eligible to take advantage of this program. However, this merit scholarship and other forms of scholarship are not available to international freshmen.
How much is the National Buckeye scholarship?
The National Buckeye Scholarship offers an award of up to $13,500. This award automatically renews for four years, bringing the total award value to $54,000.
Note that this scholarship award amount and criteria are subject to change without prior notice.
When does the National Buckeye scholarship commence?
The National Buckeye scholarship application is open from August 1 for autumn and spring term applicants. It automatically considers all who apply to the university by the early action deadline of November 1.
National Buckeye scholarship criteria
To be eligible for the National Buckeye scholarship, you must make sure to reach the following criteria:
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must be highly competitive and show an outstanding academic record as there are other qualified students vying for the award. The scholarship considers your grade point average, class rank (if available), the rigor of the high school curriculum, and ACT or SAT scores (if available)
- You must enroll full-time at the Columbia campus of the Ohio State University to pursue your first undergraduate degree. Attending another institution might cause a student to lose this scholarship.
- Students must possess an excellent command of the English Language.
- You must maintain a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5. Note that your scholarship will automatically renew for up to eight semesters if you can keep your minimum GPA requirement or higher.
- You must rank in the top 25 percent of your graduating classes and have an ACT composite score of 29 or higher or SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math score equivalent of 1330 or higher
How to apply for the National Buckeye scholarship?
For most merit awards for fall semester freshmen, the Ohio State University automatically considers all completed admission applications received by the early action deadline of November 1; no need for a separate application. So, get to work, and concentrate on getting your admission application accepted before the early action deadline. You might just get an admission decision no later than the end of January.
National Buckeye scholarship requirements for application
To apply for admission into the Ohio State University and be eligible for the National Buckeye scholarship. You will require the following:
- A High school transcript
- A Letter of recommendation
- Cover letters
- Personal statement
- You need to file for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Ohio State’s priority date of February 1 as this will provide you with maximum aid consideration.
To apply for admission into Ohio State University for consideration for a National Buckeye scholarship, click here
The National Buckeye scholarship is a great scholarship opportunity for Non-Ohio residents. You have all the information you need to get this scholarship if you are eligible.
Originally posted 2023-03-14 12:03:50.