Scope (Full or Partial): Full Scholarship
Host Institution: Glasgow Caledonian University
Target Country: United Kingdom
Target Audience: All international students
Deadline: 15 May 2023
The Postgraduate Ambassador Scholarship at Glasgow Caledonian University is a full-tuition scholarship worth up to £15,000 available to international applicants who possess an unconditional offer for a master’s degree program at GCU and can demonstrate a track record of contributing to the common good. Don’t miss this opportunity to receive financial support for your studies while also highlighting your positive impact on society.
Who can Apply for the Postgraduate Ambassador Scholarship?
Any international fee-paying student seeking to commence their master’s degree studies in September 2023 at either our Glasgow or London campuses and who has a track record of contributing to the common good may be eligible to apply for this prestigious scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a short video (not exceeding two minutes) introducing yourself and showcasing your contributions to the common good. Please include the link to your video hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo in the application form.
To increase your chances of being awarded this scholarship, it is crucial to demonstrate in your application the significant impact your Common Good activity has had on others. Include details like;
- Have you helped others less fortunate?
- Have you set up a project designed to help your community?
- Have you volunteered?
- Detail your financial need and how you will support your living costs in line with UKVI requirements.
- Include details on how you would like to further impact the Common Good after graduating
Requirements for successful application
By applying for the scholarship, you are agreeing to the role of Ambassador at Glasgow Caledonian University London, which will involve undertaking the following tasks:
- Record 3 vlogs/blogs about your experience as a student of Glasgow Caledonian University London.
- At least 1 social media takeover, for example, instagram live.
- Be in attendance and adopt an ambassadorial role at events, for example our Open Afternoons.
- One hour per week as a Unibuddy, helping answer prospective students’ questions about life at Glasgow Caledonian University London.
You will be required to sign a consent form for video, audio, and photography with a copyright notice. Please complete and submit this form online before 15 May 2023
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant must hold an offer of study with Glasgow Caledonian University London before applying or the application will be rejected.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award will not be carried over if you defer studies to another academic year.
- These scholarships are restricted to international and EU applicants who are classified as international students for fee purposes.
- Applicants must be starting their first year of study on a postgraduate degree course at GCU in September 2023.
- Applicants must be ordinarily residents of an EU or international country.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- You must be able to cover your living costs.
- No late applications will be accepted.
In order to meet the criteria for the scholarship application and increase their chances of being awarded a full-tuition waiver, it is essential for the applicant to possess an impressive academic background. Additionally, candidates should showcase their commitment to community service and prove their financial need. Ultimately, it is of utmost importance to outline how the program aligns with their future aspirations and goals.