Amount: $1000 to $3000
Scope: Partial scholarship
Target Country: United States
Target Audience: Freshmen
Deadline: November 1, 2023 (early action)
The Iron Range Scholarship is one of several merit-based scholarships offered by the University of Minnesota, which targets outstanding students with academic potential. It is a highly competitive scholarship, with most awardees selected from the top 10% of their high school graduating class.
The Iron Range scholarship awards a minimum of $1000 and a maximum of $3000 to all its recipients. It is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study. This can cover some academic expenses like books and supplies, fees, and other financial demands of the school.
Iron Range Scholarship requirements
To qualify for this scholarship, it is important to review the following requirements:
- Recipients must be citizens of the U.S or permanent residents, or be eligible for the Minnesota Dream Act.
- Must be an undergraduate of the University of Minnesota
- Must display a combination of academic merit, leadership potential, and community involvement
- Must be in the top 10% of graduating class
- The performance of a student in high school is used to determine the level of academic preparedness. The scholarship considers your grade point average, class rank (if available), and Rigor of academic curriculum based on what is available in the high school (including enrollment in honors, AP, IB, A-Level, or college-level courses when available)
- Must demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students whose native language is not English or who have lived in the United States for fewer than eight years will require an English proficiency
Iron Range Scholarship application
The Iron Range Scholarship award considers all admitted freshmen at the University of Minnesota based on an overall assessment of the freshman application. It automatically considers all applications submitted by the corresponding application deadline date.
Therefore, it does not require any separate application. All you have to do is concentrate on getting your admission application in! You might just get an admission decision in January if you apply at the early action deadline of November 1, 2023.
You can apply for admission through any of the following platforms of preference: Golden Gopher or the Common Application. Submit only one application, as a double submission will hinder your admission decision.
|Deadline Category||Date||Admission decision on Application Tracker|
|Early Action I Deadline||November 1, 2023||January 31|
|Early Action II Deadline||December 1||February 15|
|Regular Deadline||January 1||March 15|
Each year, the University receives many highly qualified applications for the Iron range Scholarship, and the competition is intense. The selection process follows these steps:
- Scholarship selection committee members review each applicant’s academic records. In addition, they consider the applicant’s leadership potential and involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, and other relevant experiences.
- Based on this review, the committee selects a group of applicants and invites them to participate in an interview process.
- After the interviews, the scholarship selection committee makes the final decision on the recipients of the Iron Range scholarship.
The number of Iron Range scholarship awards given every year varies, but they select typically only a small percentage of applicants as scholarship recipients. If you are qualified, you might want to consider all the adequate information outlined in this article to aid your successful application.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Deadline is November 1, 2023
Originally posted 2023-04-15 11:42:57.