Scope: Partial scholarship
Number of awards available: 105
Target Country: United States
Target Audience: High school juniors
Deadline: March 15, 2024
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship is a highly competitive program that provides financial assistance to 105 high school juniors in the United States who have overcome adversity to pursue higher education. This makes it one of the nation’s largest need-based scholarships.
The scholarship, which is funded by Horatio Alger members who have experienced hardships and become successful business and civic leaders, awards each selected recipient with $25,000 worth of scholarship funds.
To qualify for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, consider the following eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates must:
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a high school junior and a U.S. citizen who comes from a challenging background and has overcome significant personal and/or family hardship.
- Demonstrate critical financial needs
- Intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited nonprofit private or public college or university
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Be in good academic and moral standing, fully involved in extracurricular and community service activities,
- Have parents who have neither completed more than two years of after-high school education nor obtained a post-secondary degree.
Horatio Alger National Scholarship Application
The application for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship opens on December 1, 2023, and closes on March 15, 2024. Required documents for the application include transcripts, tax returns, personal statements or essays, FAFSA, letters of recommendation, certification forms, and support forms. Applicants must submit all documents online; no documents submitted through mail, email, or fax will be accepted.
You must submit all documents through the online application. No documents submitted through mail, email, or fax will be accepted.
For more information, visit the Horatio Alger Association website
- Application opens December 1
- Application closes March 15
- Selected applicants receive notification about their awards via email and mail in April. Listing of recipients will also be posted online.
- During the spring of their senior year, recipients attend the National Scholars Conference to receive their awards
- Disbursement information is sent each year in May
If you meet the eligibility requirements and want to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, visit the Horatio Alger Association website for more information. Remember to submit all required documents by the deadline and to put your best foot forward in your application.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Originally posted 2023-05-15 21:31:50.