Scope: Partial Travel Award
Target Country: United Kingdom
Target Audience: GCU students from all backgrounds
Deadline: April 3, 2023
What is the GCU Travel Award?
Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is offering travel awards worth £1000 to all students, regardless of their background, to support them in exploring new cultures and expanding their horizons. These travel awards are made possible with the support of donors like Santander and are designed to assist motivated candidates with the most significant level of need.
If you’re interested in participating in a study abroad program or engaging in charitable or volunteer work during the summer of 2023, you can apply for the travel award to receive financial support. The £1000 award can help cover expenses related to your travel, accommodation, and other costs associated with your summer plans.
- Santander Travel Awards—for all travel: Santander, a leading international bank, provides annual travel awards to graduate students to support them in their academic pursuits. These travel awards are designed to enable graduate students to travel to Santander Network countries and engage in academic-related activities, such as collaborative work at other universities, fieldwork, or projects. The travel awards aim to provide students with opportunities to expand their academic horizons and develop their skills and knowledge through international experiences.
Each year, several travel awards are available, and the maximum value of each award is £1,000. This funding can help cover expenses related to travel, accommodation, and other costs associated with academic-related activities. The travel awards are highly competitive, and applicants are required to demonstrate the relevance of their proposed activity to their academic program and explain how it will contribute to their academic and personal development.
The Santander travel awards are an excellent opportunity for graduate students who are looking to broaden their academic perspectives and gain new experiences in other parts of the world. By engaging in academic-related activities in Santander Network countries, students can develop a deeper understanding of different cultures, enhance their research skills, and build their professional networks.
- Christina Frederick Miller Travel Award: for travel to Malawi
Who can apply for the GCU Travel Award?
All GCU students, at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Enrollment opens: from 13/02/23 to 03/04/23 23:00 (GMT+01:00)
Evaluation of applications: until 01/05/23
Selection process: on 01/05/23 – Ended process
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Monday, April 3, 2023, and successful candidates will be notified by the end of April.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates are required to:
- Provide a thank-you letter for your donor.
- Provide a short report on the completion of their trip, detailing the impact your support has had.
- Attend related GCU or donor-hosted events.
- Photographs and quotes from travel award recipients may be used in print media, as well as on the university’s website and communication channels.
- Before submitting this application, applicants must provide consent for GCU to process their information and share information with donors for their application to be administered.
In summary, if you’re looking for a way to fund your summer plans and expand your horizons, apply for the GCU travel award today. With £1000 in financial support, you can make the most of your summer and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Fill out the online application on Glasgow Caledonian University’s website.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals.