As a primarily Black, college-educated sisterhood, the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority takes seriously the issues impacting the Black community and confronts the challenges faced by African Americans and all Americans. The Sorority’s programs have evolved over time and now include education, health, international development, and strengthening African American families.
Founded since 1913, the Sorority’s Five-Point Programmatic Thrust focuses on economic development, educational development, international awareness and involvement, physical and mental health, and political awareness and involvement.
Take a look at available scholarship programs offered by the sorority in 2023.
Available DSTS Scholarships in 2023.
Delta Sigma Theta SAAC Scholarship
The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter (SAAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is offering financial support for young women through their public scholarships. Talented African American female students, graduating from high school seniors in 2023, who also demonstrate academic excellence, strong leadership, and community involvement will receive $1,500 in scholarships from the Chapter.
Click here for more information.
To be eligible for the Delta Sigma Theta SAAC Scholarship, a student has to meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be an African American/Black female student
- Must be a High school senior who will be graduating in Spring 2023
- Currently resides in and attends a high school in San Antonio, Texas
- Must have a minimum 2.5/4.0-grade point average [or 1.5/3.00 or 75/100]
- Must demonstrate evidence of scholastic achievement, leadership abilities, and community service
- Plans to attend an accredited college or university beginning Fall 2023
How to Apply
- Submit a fully completed application (either via email or regular mail with a postmark date by the deadline). Find online application form here.
- Write an essay of 500-750 words based on the Essay, “Describe a challenge you have faced in life. What did you learn from this experience? The essay must be typed and double-spaced. Please include your full name on each page of the document. Spelling, grammar, and word count will be considered in reviewing the essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one for your academic performance (from a teacher or other school official) and one for your community service (from someone who can speak to your character, community involvement, and leadership abilities).
- Submit an official school transcript, with an official stamp or seal.
- Attach a copy of your college acceptance letter, if available
All applicants who are interested in receiving a scholarship must meet the specified requirements, submit the application packet with all required materials by March 17, 2023, either electronically (via email) or by regular mail (with a postmark from before the deadline).
When to Apply
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents to: [email protected] or Scholarship Committee Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. San Antonio Alumnae Chapter P.O. Box 460068 San Antonio, TX 78246
- Applications submitted via email must be received by the deadline. Contact your school and references as soon as possible to let them know of the submission deadline for this scholarship application (March 17, 2023).
- Finalists in the review process will be asked to participate in an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified in April 2023.
DST Amarilo Alumnae Chapter
The Amarillo Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is awarding two $1,000 scholarships in 2023.
See here for more details.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Must be a high school senior graduating in May 2023
- Must provide a high school GPA
- Plans to enter a two-year college or four-year university as a full-time student by May 31, 2024. (This also includes technical or vocational school.)
- Student must be African American
How to Apply
Alongside filling out the online application form, applicants must attach the following documents to their application
- High School Transcript. The transcript must: (1) cite the cumulative grade point average, (2) be signed by a school official.
- ACT or SAT Test Scores. The scores may be on your high school transcript.
- One signed letter of recommendation from your current high school principal, counselor, or teacher on the high school’s official letterhead.
- One signed letter of recommendation from an organization verifying community service involvement. The letter must be printed on the company’s official letterhead and include a list of your responsibilities as well as the total number of hours worked.
- A one-page essay outlining your academic and professional goals, involvement in community and volunteer work, the significance of the scholarship to you, and a discussion of financial needs. Essay must be typed.
NOTE: All necessary documents must be submitted with a completed scholarship application. Applications that are incomplete will not be taken into consideration.For further inquiries, email [email protected]
Application Deadline March 31, 2023
DST Nassau Alumnae Chapter Scholarship
The 2023 Nassau Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is offering a four-year award called The Hildyne F. Bowens HBCU Scholarship to a graduating senior who plans to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). We are also offering Incentive Awards to students attending any two-year college or technical school or four-year college/university.
All eligible high school seniors are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the online application form
- Describe your community and school involvement. Indicate the length of time you participated in each activity. (The community activities must be unrelated to your participation in extracurricular activities in school).
- Submit your official high school transcript along with the online application.
Instructions for transcript submission:
- Download and complete the release form. Your parent or guardian must sign this form.
- Submit the form to your guidance counselor (or whomever at your school is responsible for transcripts).
- Instruct your school to submit the official transcript using this link: https://www.dstnac.org/scholarship-transcript-form
Your application must have all two (2) recommendation letters submitted to be considered complete.
- Provide your recommender with the link to the recommendation form: https://www.dstnac.org/scholarship-recommendation-form
All recommendations must be received by APRIL 15, 2023
When to Apply
Applications are due no later than March 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
As you navigate the online scholarship application, please make sure to carefully read all of the information. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline won’t be reviewed. The application MUST have every component filled out. The two recommendation letters and all requested transcript documentation must be received before the deadline.
NOTE: Children of members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated are NOT eligible for the scholarship or incentive awards.
Please contact the Scholarship Committee at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
At Scholarship Monitor, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information on scholarship opportunities. Make sure to always check back for more updates and take advantage of the resources we have provided to help you achieve your academic and career goals
Originally posted 2023-04-20 22:18:20.